Waxing the City started 10 years ago as the first professional Brazilian Wax salon in the Netherlands. When the Brazilian owner emigrated to the Netherlands in 2007, she soon discovered that she could not get a professional wax treatment anywhere. That gave her the idea to start a waxing salon herself. After attending a professional waxer training at a renowned training center in Brazil, her own salon in the Netherlands soon became a reality. And since then, with great pride, we offer, according to our customers, the best Brazilian Wax treatments of Amsterdam and the Netherlands. Below are some of the key features that contribute to our success.
By women for women
We only wax women in our salon. A Brazilian wax treatment is for many women an intimate and personal affair. We respect that. And that is why you will never encounter a man in our salon.
100% natural wax
We are very proud about this
We are the only company in the Netherlands to produce our own professional wax. We do this according to an authentic Brazilian recipe and we only use 100% natural raw materials.
Safety always comes first
All our treatments are exclusively performed by Brazilian Waxperts® with at least 5 years of professional experience. That is why you are guaranteed to be in safe hands with us.
Only certified professionals
We specialize in the art ofBrazilian Waxing. All our Brazilian Waxperts® are certified professionals who meet our high standards.
We take hygiene seriously
Our treatment rooms are cleaned after each treatment. With every treatment we use new gloves, mouth masks and hairnets. Our spatulas are not double dipped into the wax and our wax is never reused.
Never compromising on quality
Through the years of experience of our Brazilian Waxperts® we can perform the treatments super-fast and perfectly. Would you rather prefer a slower pase? Then of course that is possible too.
How much does it cost?
Select a category below to view the prices of the treatments. If your desired treatment is not listed, please feel free to contact us so that we can discuss what is possible for you.
Through our newsletter we regularly inform our customers about offers and promotions. Would you like to get notified when we have a nice discount or promotion? Then sign up for our newsletter below. Do not worry, we find spam too be very 🤬 annoying! We will therefore only send you a message when we have an offer or when we have something important to report.
Most of my clients have been coming to me for years for their monthly Brazilian wax treatment. Some have come for their very first Brazilian wax treatment, and then there are also others that come to me because they were referred and would like to try a treatment with me. Often the clients from...
Why now....? Last week I experienced a nasty situation and I feel the need to share that with you. I have been planning to start a blog for a long time to share my knowledge and experience in the field of Brazilian waxing. It just didn't happen because, as an entrepreneur, I have my hands full...
Get in touch with us
If you want to schedule an appointment, click here or on the 'Book online' button at the top. You can then schedule your appointment yourself. Do you have questions, comments or do you want personal advice? Please do not hesitate to send us a message! We will gladly help you 😊.
Tweede Jacob van Campenstraat 105 1073 XP Amsterdam
Terms and Conditions
These general terms and conditions apply to every offer, treatment and transaction between Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and a client on which Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® has declared these terms and conditions applicable, insofar as the parties have not deviated from these conditions explicitly and in writing.
2. Efforts Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts®
1. The employees of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will perform the treatments to the best of their knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
2. The client shall ensure that all information that may reasonably be relevant to the proper execution of the treatment is communicated to the employee in a timely manner.
3. The employees of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® are not liable for damage of any kind, caused by the fact that the employee acted upon incorrect and / or incomplete information provided by the client.
4. The employees of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will inform the client about the financial consequences of a change of treatment.
1. The client must notify Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® of any impediments regarding a scheduled appointment as soon as possible, but no later than twenty-four hours prior to the appointment, in writing (via email).
2. If the client does not fulfil this obligation or fails to do so on time, Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will charge the entire fee for the agreed treatment to the client.
3. If the client arrives in the salon more than five minutes later than the agreed time, the employee may shorten the lost time on the treatment and still charge the entire fee of the treatment to the client.
4. If the client arrives more than fifteen minutes later than the agreed time in the salon, the employee will cancel the entire appointment and still charge the entire fee of the treatment to the client.
5. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® must notify the client of an impediment regarding a scheduled appointment as soon as possible, but no later than twenty-four hours prior to the appointment.
6. Both parties do not have to comply with the obligations of articles 3.1 up to and including 3.5 if they are hindered by force majeure. Force majeure includes what the law and jurisprudence state about it.
4. Personal data & privacy
1. The client provides the employee, before or at the first treatment, with all data, of which the employee indicates that these are necessary or of which the client should reasonably understand that these are necessary for the careful execution of the treatments.
2. The employee registers the personal details of the client and processes them into a customer base.
3. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® treats the confidential information of the client according to the guidelines in the Personal Data Protection Act.
4. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will not sell or rent client data to third parties without the prior written consent of the client.
1. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® lists all prices of the treatments and products visible in the salon and on the website https://www.waxingthecity.nl.
2. All prices are including 21% VAT.
3. Offers in advertisements are valid in the indicated term and / or while stocks last.
4. The client must pay the treatment and any products in full immediately after the end of the treatment.
5. All prices shown on this website or in the salon are subject to change and / or errors.
1. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® is not liable for damage of any kind caused by the employee of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® based on incorrect and / or incomplete information provided by the client on physical disorders, use of medication, work , leisure activities and the like.
2. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® is not liable for loss, theft or damage to personal belongings that the client has brought to the salon.
1. If the client has a complaint about the treatment or a product, the complaint must be submitted as soon as possible, but within two days after discovery, both orally as in writing to the management of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts®.
2. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® must adequately respond to a complaint submitted within 5 working days.
3. If a complaint about the treatments is declared well-founded, Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will re-perform the treatment as agreed, unless this has become demonstrably pointless for the client and the client makes this known in writing.
4. If a complaint about products sold in the salon is declared well-founded, Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® will refund the purchase price of the products in part or in full.
5. If Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and the complainant can not reach an agreement, the complainant can submit the dispute to the legislator or a mediator.
1. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® gives the client a one-week (7 days) guarantee on the treatments and products.
2. After a waxing treatment the skin can give a reaction. The client is informed of this during the treatment.
3. This warranty will lapse if:
• The client has been informed by the employee about the result of the treatment and the duration of the effect of the treatment or products;
• The client has used products other than products recommended by the employee;
• The client has not followed the advice for home care;
• The client has not followed the advice to seek medical care within two working days;
• The client has not used the products according to the advice of the employee;
• The client has not used the products according to the instructions.
1. The employees of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® are obliged to keep confidential all confidential information that the client has communicated during the treatment.
2. Information is considered confidential if this has been expressed by the client or if this results from the nature of the information.
3. The confidentiality will lapse if, on the basis of a statutory provision or a court decision by the employee, the confidential information is required to be provided to third parties.
10. Damage and / or theft
1. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® has the right to demand compensation from the client if the client damages furniture, equipment or products.
2. Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® always reports theft to the police.
11. Good conduct
1. The client should behave in the salon according to generally accepted standards.
2. If the client continues to behave indecently after repeated warnings, the Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® employee has the right to refuse the client access to the salon without further notice.
12. Applicable law
1. Dutch law applies to every agreement between Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and the client. 2. The general conditions are published on the website of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and are also available in the salon.
3. In the event of an explanation of the content and scope of the general terms and conditions, the Dutch text will always be decisive.
4. Applicable is always the last published version or the version that applied at the time of the conclusion of the agreement.
At Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® we take the privacy of visitors who visit the websites of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and people who sign up for our services very seriously. We will therefore do everything we can to protect this privacy. This Privacy Statement describes how we deal with the privacy of visitors with regard to the use of the website of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts®. The processing of the personal data takes place on the basis of the requirements set by the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). Our Privacy Statement is subject to European law.
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts®
Tweede Jacob van Campenstraat 105
1073 XP Amsterdam
Telephone: 020 6331525
1. Personal data that we process
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® processes your personal data when using our services and / or by providing this information to us. Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Address data
- Telephone number
- Other personal data that you actively provide for example by booking an appointment on this website, in correspondence and by telephone.
2. Special and / or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we can not check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete this information.
3. For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- To call or e-mail you if necessary to carry out our services
- Inform you about changes to our services and products
- Give you the opportunity to create an account
- To deliver goods and services to you
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as information we need for our tax return.
4. Automated decision-making
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without a person (for example an employee of Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts®) sitting between them.
5. How long we store personal data
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected.
6. Sharing personal data with third parties
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® provides exclusively to third parties and only if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
7. Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® uses only technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
8. View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal information we hold to you or another organization mentioned by you in a computer file.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks, at your request.
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® also wants to point out that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national supervisor, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
9. How we protect personal data
Waxing the City - Brazilian Waxperts® takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service or via email@example.com